RAM Heat Spreader

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a heat spreader to be nice to my new rig :).
It comes with 3m HT tape :rolleyes:
i know using my AS-5 will kick the tape's butt, but will installation work w/o the tape?

Heat Spreader

thanks for the input

i don't think as5 is supposed to be used with ram but you could try it. i don't think it will work since the tape is so the heatspreaders will stick onto the ram

Heatspreaders really dont do much besides look super cool. :) I bought the Vantec aluminum ones and they look really neat, but I didnt notice much of a differance. As for the AS5, I wouldnt put that on there. It will most likely lessen the adhesive of the tape.

i was going to put the AS5 on instead of the tape... i figured they would come with clips.
you would probably notice a significant increase in performance from copper heatspreaders instead of aluminum

cwiz said:
i was going to put the AS5 on instead of the tape... i figured they would come with clips.
you would probably notice a significant increase in performance from copper heatspreaders instead of aluminum

Ah, well you need the tape. Its more a padding too. Without it, the spreaders will kinda hang loosely over the RAM. If youre not doing any overclocking, there really shouldnt be any need for the spreaders anyway besides cosmetics and therefore no need for the AS5. As for performance, there wont be any "better" performance since the spreaders dont do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom