RAM Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neodr31

Baseband Member
I posted here a little while back asking about compatible RAM.

Well, i got the ram and i installed it all alright, but according to CPU-z the frequenzy is now running at 158mhz instead of 200 like it should be. Am i to understand that it is turned down automatically on my motherboard in order to stop any problems that may have occured and it is possible in the BIOS to change it back to 200?

If anyone knows how to do this could they please shed some light on it for me, i dont want to be messing around in the BIOS without knowing where to look, especially since i dont really know my away around this new motherboards bios too well.

Thanks guys.

I think he's talking about DDR400 PC3200 which runs at 200MHz. The reason might be, that you're running two different ram speeds, and both will run at the speed of the slowest ram. So you probably have a 200MHz stick, along with a slower ram, which is causing the ram to clock down to 158MHz.

No, they are 4 sticks of PC3200 at 200mhz, DDR400.

I've heard about the motherboard setting the speed down as a safety precaution elsewhere, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this and altering it back in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom