Ram: ECC-Non Ecc

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
Ok...here i go again. Why can't we just let sytems be and stop messing with them.....lol
I ran Sandra lite. It siad:
Tip T2546 - Large memory modules (512 or greater) should be ECC/Parity. Since the probability that a bit will be corrupt is the same or increases with module density, the bigger the module, the bigger the overall probability that you will get one or more corrupted bits. While these modules add an extra delay on partial writes (e.g. less than data width) as parity for the whole line must be re-calculated, the stability will be worth it.

Fix: If you plan on adding more memory, consider replacing the modules with ECC/Parity modules. Do note that running plain and ECC/Parity modules will turn off ECC/Parity for the whole memory array.

My mobo supports both ECC or non-ECC. Should i upgrade..(if it's an upgrade) to 2 x 1g sticks of ECC Ram? the more i read it seems I get lost or upset that I did not buy the right equipment when i had the chance. :confused:

No thoughts on ECC?

does anyone know? I know you guys have used Sandra benchmarking....no thoughts on ECC ram vs. Non-ECC?:(

ECC is mainly for servers it corrects errors and detects any ram problems.

also I think non-ECC might be faster as it doesn't need to run any error checking.

ECC is only if there is lots of data going through it such as servers for a average person using a desktop its not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom