Ram Corsiar vs OCZ, need a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So Currently I have the 2 gigs of G.Skill HZ ddr2 800, they have served me well and passed memtest and never gave me any problems running at 4-4-4-12, however I only have 2 gigs of them and wanted to get 4 gigs since that seems the norm now adays, keep in mind I only have a 32 bit xp so I understand I would only get around 3.2ish gigs total from this upgrade

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

these seem to be the sticks everyones recommending now adays and is 80 after MIR

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

these are the tried and true ( although supposidly having high failure rates ) Corsair XMS2 for a whopping 40 after MIR

which would you guys go with? or if you were me would you wait until november for maybe even hotter deals? I really can't get another 2 gigs of G.Skill HZ since its still priced at 110ish and hasn't gone down at all in 1.5 years time ( they prob stop making it of course and have low stock )

Those corsairs have pretty nasty timings for 800mhz ram, they are the same as the 1066mhz reapers. Having said that if you are on a budget the corsairs arent too bad for the prices. Timings really dont have that much impact i dont think (there is another thread about it somewhere atm).

Those corsairs have pretty nasty timings for 800mhz ram, they are the same as the 1066mhz reapers. Having said that if you are on a budget the corsairs arent too bad for the prices. Timings really dont have that much impact i dont think (there is another thread about it somewhere atm).

But if timings don't matter much and the corsairs cost half the price of the OZM...should I just go with the OZM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom