RAM (the computer term, not the animal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelos

Baseband Member
I was bored with the title RAM so I added something lame to it. Anywho, I was wondering a few things about memory.

First, for this generation of gaming (BF2, CS:S) is one gig enough to run those games flawlessly at max settings or do you NEED to invest in 2gig.

Second, is having a stick of 1gig faster than 2 sticks of 512?

Third, I heard that you usually want to have an even amount of sticks in your computer. This sounds like a myth but I wanted to clear that up.

Thanks in advance.

2x512 wont perform better then a 1gb stick

im pretty sure one gig will do fine in most games but two will do twice as good lol

Heh, i was thinking about that but there is a point where 1=2 gigs because its at the best it can be. I don't want to blow any more money till march or april on my computer.

2x 512MB sticks will run faster than a single 1GB.

1GB is enouph but if you max out the settings, you will need 2GB.

2 x 512 is much better then 1 GB single stick, as dual channel increased alot of bandwith.

I agree with turtile, games are getting really demanding when you MAX everything out, so 2GB will smooth alot of thing's out.

well i geuss i was wrong about the ram

but i still do not recommend getting 512 sticks because after vista is released and whatnot you are going to need 2gb min. and not soon after that 4gb for games.

1gb sticks are just more future proff and they usually cost the same as 2x512

fade2black2004 said:
well i geuss i was wrong about the ram

but i still do not recommend getting 512 sticks because after vista is released and whatnot you are going to need 2gb min. and not soon after that 4gb for games.

1gb sticks are just more future proff and they usually cost the same as 2x512

4gb??? for games?? how future proof do you want to be.....10 years???

:)

besides, my motherboard will have like 4 slots which sum up to 8gigs. I don't think i'll need to be too worried about getting more than 2 gigs of ram for at least another year, realistically, 2 or even 3 years. As long as newegg is still around then, i'll be fine. :)

1gb is the absolute minimum you would want for battlefield. that game likes memory a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom