Ram Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
Just wondering about the G Skill Ram (Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail) everyone is talking about and how good it is.
Will it work with my mobo which is an ASROCK ConRoe XFire-eSATAII as in the manual it suggests using RAM that is spec. at 667/533MHz but this G Skill Ram is DDR 800 MHz, will this be affected by the the board or vice versa??

Plus i keep seeing different timing for it - some say 4-4-4-12 and others say 5-5-5-15

Honestly I don't see how they can make a standard DDR2 speed as my 965PT standard is DDR2-800 but I've overclocked my ram up to DDR2-1190 5-5-5-15 and it worked great. G.Skill is highly compatible with most boards and the timings shouldn't effect anything.

Thanks for the quick response. So basically it will work with most boards and the timings stated dont matter as it can be overclocked to desired effects??

Thanks

Btw does anyone know the series name of the G Skill Ram, for example HK series?

Yea exactly.

The ones you picked out are the PK series which aren't bad.

In DDR2-800 terms the line goes from best to worst( IMO)

NQ
PK
NR
HK
HZ

They seem to be out of the NR which are the ones I have and are awesome but the PK should work great too as all G.Skill ram is made to overclock.

Yeah i think im going to get some G Skill ram for my build however ive just realised newegg.com wont ship to the UK which is annoying due to the cheap price they have it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom