RAM Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,
Well I have a 17th birthday on the 7th of November.
Anyways I chose to buy for my birthday (with my dad giving a budget) 800 RAM. My Budget is 600-700 Shekels , ill link you guys to Israeli shops in English. The sticks I was looking at were :

1) 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Revision 2 XTC
2) 2x1GB OCZ Reaper HPC Edition
3) CORSAIR DUAL CHANNEL DDR2 800 (1024X2) DUAL XMS2 CL 4-4-4-12 - TWIN2X2048-6400C4
4) OCZ DDR2 2GB 667MHz Dual Channel Gold 4-4-4-12

Personally I think The Reaper are the best because of the heatpipe and the great OCZ warranty, anyways i need thoughts from everyone :)

You can suggest me RAM from this site: K.S.P. Israel. Haifa, 25 Keren Hayesod, 1-599-555-700, it's the only one which has English.

NOTE: I CANNOT GET CRUCIAL BALLISTIX , CRUCIAL DON'T IMPORT TO ISRAEL.

If you cant get the crucials i would get the corsairs. OCZ dont seem to like to overclock very well.

Heatsinks on RAM aren't a priority, even though almost every memory kit has one on them. RAM doesn't get that hot if you set them to their stock voltages. As long as you got good airflow going throughout your case, you're good.

The Corsair XMS2 CAS4 editions I've heard, are not with micron D9 chips anymore, or not guaranteed to have them. And they're not as overclockable as they were before.

The first two OCZ choices would be your best bet from that site.

I don't think one is significantly better than the other. The performance and overclocking difference is probably marginal. Just that the coolers are different.

I'd say, whichever is cheaper, is the one to get. Which looks like the XTC.

I'd take the reaper...

because the Crucials aren't guaranteed to overclock like Ballistix or G-Skill HZ because some use the Promo instead of the D9 Micron (which overclock better) so some overclock like a champ.. some will barely budge (check out b1gapl's post above)

So OCZ's are your best choice out of thsoe... plus the Reapers have some Heatpipes which make it run cooler..

Agreed, dont know about the guy commenting on ocz not overclocking well, I used a kit of OCZ Titaniums and they were known to overclock well past 1100mhz...

vernong1992 said:
because the Crucials aren't guaranteed to overclock like Ballistix or G-Skill HZ because some use the Promo instead of the D9 Micron (which overclock better) so some overclock like a champ..

Isn't that suppose to be Corsairs?

Well ill go with The Reapers their stock is 400fsb which is great, my goal is to get to 3.0ghz. And the Reapers stock voltage is 2.1 volts which is enough for more overclocking head space as i was told.

I'd take the reaper...

because the Crucials aren't guaranteed to overclock like Ballistix or G-Skill HZ because some use the Promo instead of the D9 Micron (which overclock better) so some overclock like a champ.. some will barely budge (check out b1gapl's post above)

So OCZ's are your best choice out of thsoe... plus the Reapers have some Heatpipes which make it run cooler..

Umm crucial is owned by Micron...

Which means all their chips use micron. The Tracers use the D9's for sure the rest i cant say for certain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom