Raid questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
I am building a dream rig very soon and i was in two minds over hard drives. well first of all i was going to go for a raptor x and a storage drive. Then i was going for 2 barracuda's in raid1 then 2 barracuda's in raid0 but i don't want 2 raptor x's thats just overkill.And expensive So i was after your opinion's on what combo to go for for a gaming rig .:D

2 raptors in raid 0 is a wonderful thing. i have 2 raptors for my OS and programs, and then i have 2 caviars for my files and back ups also in raid 0, im not concerned with 1 drive failing for a raid 1 setup and its a waste of hard drive space.

2 74gig raptors arent that much i paid 120 a piece for mine, and it think its deff worth it and not overkill since you see a major improvement in performance.

Make sure you get the normal Raptor instead of the X for RAID. The normal ones have RAID specific features to help prevent problems and they are cheaper.

If you want to save money, you can get 2 x 320GB 7200.10 16MB Seagates. Make sure its the "ES" type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom