RAID question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice8168

Baseband Member
Ok well the other RAID question got me to thinking. For my next build, which will occur shortly, I will be using two 250gb Seagate 7200.10's. I would like to set these two drives up in a RAID 0 config, however, I also have an extra WD 250gb lying around so I figured that I would throw that in there to copy and store information in case of a loss of failure in the RAID'ed drives.

My question is, is this possible?

I have never fooled with any type of RAID setup so am clueless how to set it up. Are the drives RAIDed in BIOS before windows install. Cause in RAID 0 the install would be on both drives correct? Also once windows is installed do both drives just show in windos as one drive?

Well great. Thanks. Now can you expaline to me how that works and how I would go about setting that up on my new machine.

OK WTH your guys talking about. Will I hve to put RAID drivers on a floppy to configure the system. Someone please splain it to me...

Dont mean to be demanding. Funny that you took it like that. O well all in good fun. OK back to the subject at hand anyone...

Ok I wiki'd RAID 5 and now im really lost. I guess what I was trying to state woth my first quest was could I RAID 0 the two Seagate drives for faaster perfomance and them install the WD drive and used as a seperate secondary storage. I want the WD available just to move information on to, and not really set up into any type of automatic information storage (RAID 5). Am I making any sense here?
To OnlyCurious- No demand intended here:)

Ok I wiki'd RAID 5 and now im really lost. I guess what I was trying to state woth my first quest was could I RAID 0 the two Seagate drives for faaster perfomance and them install the WD drive and used as a seperate secondary storage. I want the WD available just to move information on to, and not really set up into any type of automatic information storage (RAID 5). Am I making any sense here?
To OnlyCurious- No demand intended here:)

raid5 requires a floppy drive if ur using 2k or XP, Vista lets u use a different source like CD/DVD, thumb drive and floppy

raid5: data security w/ performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom