Raid Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
I just set my new computer up, have all SATA HD's 1 120 gb for running programs and a pair of 250's I want to raid in mirror. I have no clue how to set this up and have not found anything on help.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this set up. As of now there is nothing on either Drive.

Thanks.

seems pointless to be raiding your 2 storage drives. raid is for performance (i'm assuming you want raid 0), so it makes sense to raid the drives that you run your programs/games/OS etc. on. but just for storage.. donno why you'd need high performance.. i guess maybe if you're transferrign a lot..?

read what he posted. RAID 1 not RAID 0. RAID is also not for performance although that can be a benefit of an array as well. RAID is for data redundancy, hence the name Redundant Array of Inexpensive (Independant) Disks

RAID 0=striping
RAID 1=mirroring

to the original poster: as ste said, check the manual. how much do you know about RAID? the average person would not really benefit froma RAID 1 array.

well, maybe he just wants to have a backup of data.

if your motherboard doesnt have a RAID controller, you will have to buy a PCI controller. but yea, as stated, motherboard manual is the beset place to start ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom