Which RAID? Confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough, maybe i'll do that. i suppose something could happen between one backup and the next and i could lose a lot. but still, cant work out how to get it up and running. really beginning to annoy me

first you need to set it in the bios, and then install the drivers when you pop the os disc in...

depend on your mobo, it might be located in cmos/advanced features or something...you should see all of your sata connections, and find your hard drive...and then set it to raid

i know on my motherboard there was a special key combo you had to push in order to get the RAID options to pop up right after the post

you should also backup even if u have RAID

RAID1 is not a substitute for a backup!!! especially if u get ur PC infected with something...

First update your BIOS, not sure what revision you have for that DS3 but I've setup the revision 1.3 with RAID 1 for my nephew. I think the latest BIOS is F11, because that's what I updated it to. Should write down your BIOS setting if you need to OC it back.

Then install the chipset and RAID driver that came with the CD or get it online at Gigabyte website for your revision. The DS3 has like 4 revision so get the right one.

Make sure you use the purple SATA connector. The yellow are for the ICH8 and that does not support RAID. Follow the direction on the manual, it's pretty much straightforward. You'll have to set some stuff in BIOS to change it to RAID/IDE mode. But the manual will tell you everything what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom