Raid array question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
A friend of mine set up his new computer but in the mean time he set up a raid array with only one computer. I am not familiar with the abit way of doing it but it looks like it is a 0 array. If he only is using one disk will that cut into performance?

I know that, but it is set up for a raid array. Everything is installed for it and before it boots up there is the raid screen that shows the raid setting.

myn does the same thing....it will show my raid configuration screen before booting into windows. But im still unclear of your question?

But he only has one drive in the computer. Why does it do this if it is not partially set up for raid?

hmmm ok yeah that is strange. Maybe he had a raid setup before and he never took the boot priority off of the bios, but that wouldn't make sense cause the bios would see that and drop the raid setup. Ok weird...sry im stumbed....as far as i know you MUST have 2 HDD's for raid 0. No exceptions.

darkop16 said:
hmmm ok yeah that is strange. Maybe he had a raid setup before and he never took the boot priority off of the bios, but that wouldn't make sense cause the bios would see that and drop the raid setup. Ok weird...sry im stumbed....as far as i know you MUST have 2 HDD's for raid 0. No exceptions.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say something stupid, so here goes: Maybe it recognizes two partitions as two separate drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom