A8N-SLI, AMD 4000+, BIOS update 1013, nvidia 6800GT, 2x6L200M0 Maxtor S-ATA drives.
OS is fully updated 32 bit XPpro/SP2.
I have had all sorts of problems configuring RAID for my two identical drives.
1. During Installation use F6 to install from floppy Asus SATA RAID
2. In POST Used F4 to enter RAID setup.
3. No drives were identified, Not enough single drives to create RAID set
4. Went back to POST and in OnBoard Configuration/NVRAID
enabled 1st and 2nd Master SATA drives
5. Re-booted and instantly had a flashing red "Degraded" message, with DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.
6 Had to reboot from on/off button, but system refused to access POST and only came back on after I had totally unplugged my computer.
7. But lost entry to either of my 2 drives
8. So had to re-install OS and all programs, tediously!
Help, what is this SYSTEM DISK and what am I doing wrong please