Raid 0 help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthscsa19

Baseband Member
I have been using my computer for the last 6 months, and my drive is mostly full, so I've wanted to expand my drive space aswell as gain a boost to performance. I just ordered my second SATA II 250gb drive (identical to my current drive) to set up a raid 0 array.

How would I go about setting up the array since I already have everything installed? Would I need to format my drive and reinstall windows? I have an external HD that I can back everything to, so if that is required, its not a problem. Can someone layout the steps I need to take to accomplish this?

I've been doing a bit of reading, and most guides require a floppy drive. I currently don't have one, and don't have an empty 3.5" slot for one either. Is it possible to do this without a floppy (using a flash/cd drive).

Thanks

you have to reformat and reinstall windows so you need to back up your c drive or you can easily do this by using a tool such as the seagate drive transfer. Raid 0 can be software or hardware. If hardware raid then you should be able to access it through the mobo bios or a sub-boot screen which is enabled through the bios look in your manual. For software the easiest way is to use windows disk management and convert the drives into dynamic then use the raid wizard I don't no what the effect would be but trying to format the hdd through this method whilst running windows from the same drive does not sound like a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom