radeon vs geforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, stick with Geforce. The Radeon cards dont support Pixel Shader 3 which is a big deal. Also, the new game F.E.A.R., doesnt run very good on the Radeon cards.

okay but i am getting a 6800gt but a friend of mine is running an ati all in wonder radeon 9800pro and im just wondering how they compare

slickpickens said:
okay but i am getting a 6800gt but a friend of mine is running an ati all in wonder radeon 9800pro and im just wondering how they compare

There no comparison between a geforce 6800GT and a radeon 9800 pro. THe geforce 6800GT destorys the 9800pro. It really not even a fair comparison since the 9800's was the best of last generation and the 6800's are the best of this generation. (some might consider the 9800's 2 generations behind and the 6800's last generation)

loll thanks im gonna rub that in his face until he purchases a new card but are there any current generation radeeon

9800Pro is now 3 generation's old
The 6800 is a last generation card.

ATI does not have a current generation card out on the market

No, there is not. The 7800GTX gives a whooping on the 6800 GT, and the 6800 GT DESTROYs even the highest end Radeon X850 cards. For high end, there is pretty much no competition, Nvidia is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom