Radeon 4890 HD 1gb - Visiontek or HIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optional

Baseband Member
Tough choice. I know I want this card, but I can't decide which one. I'm reading reviews of both, and they all come out amazing as far as the reviewers are concerned.

Here's the HIS version,
Newegg.ca - HIS H489FT1GP Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Turbo OC Edition - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Here's Visiontek
Buy the Visiontek Radeon HD 4890 OC Video Card at TigerDirect.ca

Different websites I know, sorry. They don't have both on each website. They will both equal about the same amount of money, Newegg I have to order, and i'd be ordering express so it comes out to 270 and change. Visontek one is 280 and I can simply drive to the store and buy it. Money isn't part of the choice here.

Now looking at the specs..

Visiontek seems to come out on top, but I don't know much about this sort of thing. :confused:

the extra 20 bucks I'd be paying with tax worth it?
are visiontek cards generally reliable?
Which one will give the best performance?

Thank you for any advice! I read and hear people raving about HIS 4890 Turbo OC. but this Visiontek 4890 seems to be faster :crazy:

Neither are usually recommended, is there a reason you are choosing between the two? If anything, grab the HIS...any speed that the Visiontek is at, any other can easily achieve with a tiny OC.

Hm. My buddy had bad experiences with Sapphire cards. Also HIS and Visontek seem to be higher clock speeds than others =\

Can you recommend one then: Sapphire, XFX, Diamond? Everywhere i look people posting videos of their maxed out games, sapphire this sapphire that, so my friend must just have crappy luck

I've owned both Sapphire and XFX, and both are good. XFX is most recommended because of quality and the double warranty offered, and good support. The higher clock speeds are usually minimal, and easily reachable by other cards using Catalyst Control Center's Overdrive (software provided with ATi graphics).

HIS is fine. Sure XFX and Sapphire are great but there is no problem with HIS. I have a HIS 4890 myself and it's great :D

No problems at all.

Yeah after you get passed double lifetime warranties, rebates, customer service, etc, then others are pretty much the same...but I will still fork out the extra cash for those amenities.

I grabbed the Sapphire 4890 HD 1gb. :D

New card ftw. Thanks for all the input, back to playing maxed out far cry 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom