r700 goes multi-cored

Status
Not open for further replies.
well josh just gave me an idea. look at the 7950gx2. one of the best. even beats the 8800gts in some cases. 2 7900gtxs smushed together. this is the same logic here, maybe instead of one core 3900xt, we'll have twice the power, because dx 10.1 or "11" optimizes multiple cores. just like how some applications now are optimized for both single, and multiple cored cpus.

This is ridiculous why they don't focus on their cards right now in making them better because quite frankly thats what it need to be done, stop looking too much in the future.

correct, they should focus on this guy, cuz their processors don't need much work after this month ends........ and June begins (or is it July) and Khan, dude its just their Vista drivers that stink, along with the r600's.... but it isnt a complete failure if until nobody buys it, give em' a month, they can come up with better drivers...... i hope...

well josh just gave me an idea. look at the 7950gx2. one of the best. even beats the 8800gts in some cases. 2 7900gtxs smushed together. this is the same logic here, maybe instead of one core 3900xt, we'll have twice the power, because dx 10.1 or "11" optimizes multiple cores. just like how some applications now are optimized for both single, and multiple cored cpus.

preciesly. GPUs will go the same way as CPUs eventually. Manufacturers have discovered that it is better to make more cores rather than higher clocks, due to the very much "multitasking" use of PCs these days. rendering can be split into lots of small chunks, which can be rendered by multiple GPUs.

preciesly. GPUs will go the same way as CPUs eventually. Manufacturers have discovered that it is better to make more cores rather than higher clocks, due to the very much "multitasking" use of PCs these days. rendering can be split into lots of small chunks, which can be rendered by multiple GPUs.

yea, sort of let the cores work how raid does. split it up between different cores, or you can just have the vertex under one core, textures under another, shaders on another, memory controller and all those extras on another.

wow psp_crazy1 and joshd, i like the logic from ur response, thats 100% true, i get it too :)

wow psp_crazy1 and joshd, i like the logic from ur response, thats 100% true, i get it too :)

wow im surprised. i can barely understand what i write, i mean how i word it.

just is win xp/ vista going to recgonize the multi core gpus as 2 cards, when its only 2 cores, one gfc card...

i really don't get how the 2900xt isn't doing good. its the drivers, it has to be, because the architecture looks good, everything does. but lets hope that this multicore works out, since it isn't the cpu, it only processes graphic related tasks, not everything like the cpu.

and 4 cores sounds like enough. thats like quad crossfire, and quad sli with the 7950gx2 is just completely incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom