>.> qx6700 vs. qx6850?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
If I'm not mistaken, both of these chips have unlocked multipliers right?
So what really is the difference between these... besides the $400 difference.
And on the locked multiplier versions (e6700/e6750) it seems like you're just paying money to cheat yourself out of performance... since of course if you have the motherboard to support an e6750 CPU anyway, you could just put the e6700 at 1333 MHz, and have the exact same thing as an x6850, right?

The QX6850 has the new G0 stepping, meaning it consumes less power and overclocks better. It will overclock further than the other one...but no its not worth an extra $400...

Haha yeah, but I'm trying to find out if there is any difference between a qx6850 and a qx6700. Any differences on the core?

edit:
The QX6850 has the new G0 stepping, meaning it consumes less power and overclocks better. It will overclock further than the other one...but no its not worth an extra $400...
Ahhhh, okay. Didn't read that before my reply. Well that makes a bit more sense now. I read about the G0 stepping though.. it wasn't all too impressive imho.

Wait in your first post your asking about quads, then you hop over to e6700/6750. For the quads neither of them are really worth it, go with a q6600. That's your best bet. For the duals, the e6750 does have an unlocked multiplier.

Haha yeah, but I'm trying to find out if there is any difference between a qx6850 and a qx6700. Any differences on the core?

edit:
Ahhhh, okay. Didn't read that before my reply. Well that makes a bit more sense now. I read about the G0 stepping though.. it wasn't all too impressive imho.

Dude, all quad c2d's are made as identical, just as all dual cores are as well. The difference between them is what speed they handle when tested before they are put up for sale. There is no difference apart from the extremes having an unlocked multiplier.

Dude, all quad c2d's are made as identical, just as all dual cores are as well. The difference between them is what speed they handle when tested before they are put up for sale. There is no difference apart from the extremes having an unlocked multiplier.

I don't think that all C2D are identical because the new C2D G0 stepping overclocks better than the older B3 stepping

Wait in your first post your asking about quads, then you hop over to e6700/6750.
I was referring to how the 1333 'native' FSB doesn't make since, since just about any c2d that I'm aware of can handle 1333 easy.
I guess it all comes down to what multiplier it comes with.

There is no difference apart from the extremes having an unlocked multiplier.
That's what I was asking about, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom