Quieter chasis or fans please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sell224

Baseband Member
I own an alienware aurora 7500 with 2 gigs ram, amd 3500+, and I upgraded the graphics card to a x1900xtx.

I have really been thinking of ways to make my computer practically silent for college, so I can have it on all the time and not have it bug me like it does now. I considered getting a watercooling system, but that seems difficult and I really don't know THAT much about computers.

I am pretty sure my warentee is void for my alienware, so I am thinking about doing some fun stuff with it.

I recently opened it up and noticed that there is a CRAP load of open space. I know alienwares are made to allow for tons of upgrading and crap, but I am never planning on filling my computer with 20 hard drives and disc drives. All that space goes to waste (other than allowing for good airflow). I notice that I have 4 fans. One on the x1900xtx, one on top of the heatsink, one on the side of the case, and one in the power box. They make a lot of noise.

Now, I started thinking, why not just buy a new chassis and move everything I got in this comp to that one. I'll buy one that is meant to be silent and comes with very silent fans. It will hopefully be a lot smaller so that I won't have trouble putting the computer on my desk in the future.

Thats the question: any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom