quiet CPU Fan/heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u4ic_fln

Baseband Member
im looking to get an ultra quiet CPU Fan/Heatsink for my computer... Anyone have any suggestions?

I was also interested in learning about fanless CPU coolers, but havent heard much about them... I use an Antec P180 case... so im also a little worried about having enough room to use a fanless CPU cooler...

I run an AMD 3700... it is not overclocked... My CPU is already very cool, so keeping the dBs low is the most important thing for me...

any help is appreciated... and thank you in advanvce...

i thought about water cooling... but i already spent $150 on a really quiet case... i dont want to spend another $200 on water cooling...

You should just buy a fan speed controler that mounts in one of your 5.25" or 3.5" bays and hook your fans up to that. Then you can just use the same cpy cooler but turn the fan down a little and make it quiter, and that should still give you better cooling then a fanless heatsink.

Or if you dont want to use up one of your drive bays, Zalman has a fan speed controler thing called the "FanMate" and just connects to one fan and stays inside the case, and lets you have complete control over the speed. I think it would be pretty good for what your trying to do, and its only like 6 bucks on NewEgg. Heres a link: ZALMAN FanMate 2

Or if you want to spend more money Zalman makes CPU coolers that still use fans but are supposed to be pretty much silent because they use a good heatsink and the fan dosnt have to run as fast to get good cooling compared to say stock CPU coolers. Look for them on NewEgg.

Hope this helps ya.

yeah he's right. zalman has been known in the past for nice quiet HS/F combos, they just relased the CNPS9500. you might want to check that out.

I have the Gigabyte G-Power heatsink+Fan and on the lowest speed you can hardly hear it. (putting the speed up dosnt do much)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom