Quick Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
This may of been asked before, but i was wondering this:

The PS3 has 7 Core Processor, right. And it came as a whole untit as the PS3 which you can now get for just £300.

So the CPU im guessing probably cost Sony £100 a peice.

So howcome a Dual core Processor thats £150 has nowere neer the amont of processing power ?, or does it ? in comparison to a 7 Core PS3.

I'm not sure, if you can compare them, since the PS3 uses the Cell processor. I would think it's very different from desktop processors. I'm assuming the PS3's Cell processor is much more powerful....for gaming. I could be wrong....but I think overall, a high-end PC beats the PS3.

Yes, the Cell processors are techinically faster than desktop CPUs. But this doesnt mean its better because a graphics core chip is also faster than a CPU.

It should also be taken into consideration that Sony is probably not make any profit on the PS3's. They make their profit from games, accessories, dev. kits, etc.

just because the processor is just as fast doesn't mean it can beat a gaming rig lol. I mean theoretically speaking a ps3 cant handle crysalis but a pc can easily handle all of the ps3's games. I mean the 8 series cards from nvidia will rip the ps3 game library apart. So if ur asking is a ps3 slower at gaming ya it is, but it doesn't necessarily mean its processor is slower than a pc. You could argue that a ps3 still hasnt fully developed but even by the time it is fully developed it will be a dinosaur compared to a state of the art pc. Im no expert im just telling it how i see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom