Quick! Need advice fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
Ok so I went to order all of my parts for my new build tonight and it seems that the PSU I was going to get just got a whole lot more expensive.
(For a reminder of what I'm getting, refer to this thread: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/check-my-build-me-please-177923/)

Core 2 Extreme, 8800GT, 4gb RAM, etc

The one I was planning on getting was this one:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Power Supplies
Is it just me or did it jump $100 overnight?

Anyways, I'm looking for a cheaper one that will work just fine for me... preferably under $120

Is this one ok?
Newegg.com - Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Power Supplies

Would this one be better?
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Power Supplies

Or this one?
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK MC NRP-MC651 650W ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V Ver. 2.92 Power Supply 100 - 240 V cUL, CE, TUV, FCC - Power Supplies

Any other suggestions?

I am ordering these parts tonight... any speedy responses would be much appreciated :)

(side note: ty to tech-forums so much for helping me choose what to put in my first build, especially vernong, veedub, peter.cort, prototype, and surgevel)

The Xigmatek Rifle is fine.. same specs as a Corsair 520hx (3x Rails of 18amps)

^many people are stating to recommend that now.

It's more than just the same specs as the Corsair....it's the SAME THING! The only difference is the fan and the modular cabling. The rails and guts are both made by CWT (Chain Well Tech)

The Corsair is slightly better because of the name and better warranty at other sites however on newegg the Xigmatek is much cheaper. Keep in mind some people want modular so the xigmatek is then a better choice.

I went with the xigmatek

ordered everything tonight... once stuff arrives I'll be on my way!
(i'm sure i'll be back here with questions soon lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom