Quick LCD panel question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey. Doing one last research cram before ordering monitor. Been reading for months and I was pretty dead set on the LG-L245WP-BN 24" monitor. Now i figured I'd second guess meself one last time after finding a wrench in the gears.

I was going for the LG mainly because its an M-PVA panel. Superior viewing angle would be nice for sittin' back watching movies on the bed, or even just leaning back in the tilt desk chair. i've noticed this 17" lcd im using now has crap angle, even leaning back washes it out. I'm tired of it lol. not to mention the supposedly stellar color/sharpness/quality of the MVA.

So i've been going over reviews again and again and again. The ONLY thing that holding me back is the massive amount of people going on about this 'black crush effect' on MVA panels. Whereas the blacks all blob together in dark setting games/movies with normal gamma settings. Cranking up gamma to correct this and washing out the picture defeats the whole purpose, as thus, is not an option.

Now the Samsung TN panels are quite good as far as picture quality/color these days, but have the inferior viewing angle. 160/160 as opposed to 176/176.

Question for samsung TN: Is the lower viewing angle still quite good without washing out the color? (im lookin at the 245B)

Question for M-PVA: Is the 'black crush' on MVA panels as prominent as most seem to say? With correct 2.2 gamma setting. Not the washed out 1.8 factory.

I'm not worried about response time because anything under 8ms is negligable IMO anyway.

Opinions? I know the samsung is cheaper which is nice, but I have no qualms about paying for the LG MVA if I wont get a big mashed blob of black every time i play fear, doom3, hl2 or any other dark game. As well as watching movies, which tend to have a Ton of dark scenes. (my movie preferences anyway).

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any opinions.

You will NOT notice the viewing angle differences. I know I can't, and I am VERY picky on lcd monitors (note my signature, two very expensive lcd's). I would greatly encourage you to go with the samsung, as brand and physical appearance are the only things that make a difference when you get down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom