Questions related to nehalem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryker_77

Baseband Member
Guys i wanted to kno that has anyone got an idea about the price range of these processors? Will they be for the high-end market? When are they being launched? N lastly will the replace the core2duo n core2quad? I was was going to build a new rig so if these things r going to out date the current generation of processors and r mid range products than i might postpone my plans.
Thanks for any replies.

I dont knwo if its exactly replacing them, i guess eventually LGA775 will be phased out but then again you can still buy CPU's and motherboard for S478...

As for price i think the 2.93ghz Quad goes for $650 USD and the 2.66ghz model somewhere in between $200-$300.

And they will be out before Christmas.

There should be a sticky for now or a "Go to" thread, I see a lot of questions around about these bad boys (some I have myself)

Like all new things that come out, I'd be nervous to consider one of these right off the bat. But then again I just bought a new 775 system anyway.

Are any of you guys intentionally going to wait a while to see how Nehalem does? Or are you going to sit back and wait for the price to drop + efficiency to increase before making the plunge? If so, how long are you folks betting on waiting?

As soon as retail reviews come out, I'll see how the i920 overclocks. If it can get to at least 3.6GHz on air, i will be making the jump to get a bloomfield platform. If not, ill go grab a q9550 E0 and a x48/p45 and call it a day.

i am hoping that the reference clock can be OC'd up to 200mhz(133 to 200 on air is a big jump), as that would give it a 4GHz Core i7.
A 24/7 4GHz core i7 would fly

Latest news says these should be released BEFORE november 17th

I got a 775 Q8200 sitting on my desk at home and I'm too excited to concentrate on my work till I get home and can build it. It's kind of a downer seeing processors like the Nehalem coming out with their number crunching power. But at the same token, I didn't spend 1 grand on my motherboard/CPU combo. In fact, I didn't even spend 300. Haaaa!

Nehalem still has a ways to go. I'm waiting on ddr3 w/ 1.5v and low latencies before I jump on the bandwagon. Anything over 1.65v is said to damage the cpu on Nahelem. You'll be running timings of 10-10-10-30 for that voltage lol

latency should be less important now that the IMC is on the CPU itself. Also, the trichannel should 50% more bandwidth then dual channel at the same speeds, and you probably won't even need the bandwidth.

Yeah. I'm stupid. I keep thinking that, oh, man, maybe I should have waited for the i7, blah blah.

I came from 2gb ddr 400 ram and a single core 1.8 ghz, and quite frankly, that ran fine. It did everything I would have ever needed it to.

Now I'm with a 2.33ghz quad core intel with 4gb of ddr2 800 ram. Twice the ram, twice the ram speed, 3 extra cores, each core individually faster than what I had before.

Plus, when you factor in price, I really wouldn't have been able to afford an i7 setup... It just looks too steep right now, and of course since it'll be new, too risky to take the plunge quite yet. If I had a couple hundred sittin around that I was bored looking at, I may have considered investing it in the i7 setup. But, meh. I have bills. And a new computer umpteen times faster than my old as it is.

Weeeeeeeeeee

Its really not worth it if you have a quad core PC, especially a yorkfield one. I went from an e6600/8800gts 640mb to a q6600/4870 and now im confined to a 12" tablet lol. Core i7 for me!!! or at least a q9550 if this thing can't overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom