questions - anyone with experience? Heatsync, HDD, LianLi cooling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

delirium330

In Runtime
have some tough questions that i'm hoping some folks can help me with that know more than i do.

#1 - i want to go with the sunbeam core contact heatsync, but the case i'm using (LIAN LI PC-B25B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail ) i think won't work from a size perspective. the case is 8.27 inches wide. so i was thinking to go with the sunbeam 92mm rather than the sunbeam 120. any thoughts on this or anyone with experience with the 92mm version?

#2 - anyone know much about the newer samsung F3 drives. overall i'm looking for a recommendation on a HDD setup. i was thinking to use a 500gb caviar black for the OS, then a 1TB F3. i read that the F3 is built on 2 platters rather than 3 like more 1tb drives these days. what about going with a caviar green for the 1tb drive....are they that much quieter and cooler then say the F3 or a 1TB caviar black?

#3 - does anyone think i should use this in my case...will it help the cooling (see link for case fan adapter in next sentence)? anyone used one before? here is the case fan adapter for lian li cases. and here is a review i read talking about where it fits in with the overall cooling solution.

overall build is a non-overclocked i7 920, 4890 video card. looking for a balance between a quiet system, and low temperatures.

#1 - dunno.

#2 - The F3 does use 500GB platters. The WD Black has dual processors to pump through the speed. The WD Green has a lower power consumption and lower temps. Both WD drives use three platters.

#3 - Looks like a good idea to keep the case cooler, especially if your graphics card does not vent to the outside of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom