Questions After Build
My system is up and running great, but I have a few questions.
1. How do I get my system to boot up fast? Harddrive is in the first position. It takes 70 seconds for me to get to welcome screen and 85 seconds for complete boot. Is this normal, slow or what? Should I be concerned? Remember that I have a RAID 0 array. When I loaded the optimized defaults, my system would not boot, because it could not find the hard drive. I needed to go back into the Bios Setup and set up the raid again. All of my data was still there, but the boot up seems to take a while checking all of the drives and other things. How do I short circuit this?
2. What programs do I use now to check optimization of my computer? To check the temperatures, and anything else I would want to check.
3. My case has 4 fans, plus the PSU fan. I connected the two front fans and the back fan directly to the power source. Of course, I have the Tuniq Tower also. They are not connected to the motherboard. I don't think I can connect them to the motherboard. Is it normal to have fans that you can't monitor? What fans are usually monitored?
4. What is the best way to ghost or backup my system when it is all set up. I have 2 500 GB external drives that I could backup to, but I don't know if Vista has a way of setting that up or if I need to buy a new program.
5. I will update this post as questions are answered.
Thanks in advance to all on this board for all of your help. I still can't believe that I built a computer.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 SLACR
Gigabyte P-35 DS3R
Crucial Ballistic 4gb (4 X 1gb) 240 Pin DDR2 800
750 GB SATA-II Western Digital (2X) RAID-0 Stripe
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
Lite On Black 20X DVD SATA
Corsair 520W Power Supply
Antec 900 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Case
Tunic Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler
Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit Retail
Mouse Logitech Revised G5
Samsung 226BW Black 22" DVI WideScreen
ATI TV Wonder 650
Logitech Z-5300e Speaker System