Questions about Conroe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
How will all the other hardware work with this new chip? I've "heard" that the new chip will require special motherboards??? My question is, is that true? Will PCI-E graphics cards work? Ram? In a nutshell my question is how much will this new stuff be compatible with "older" hardware. thanks for any answers.

Conroe isn't released yet. That being so, it is no surprise whatsoever that there is only one compatible motherboard avaliable at this time (and even then, you have to get the correct revision).

When these motherboards come out (a little before, or on the date of release) then yes, all the stuff that works with today's motherboards will work with Conroe. There will be the usual requirements; LGA775 socket, DDR2 memory, etc, etc.

Yes, there are only a few chipsets that will work with Conroe. Only one of those is avaliable right now, and its VERY expensive. D*mn nice name though, Intel's "BadAxe" motherboard.

People bash Conroe for not having motherboards avaliable, but where were the AM2 motherboards? Those wern't even avaliable on the launch date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom