Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I go with:

1. SLI with 9600GT, 8800GTS, or 9800GTX
2. Get a ATI Radeon HD3870 X2
3. Crossfire with ATI Radeon HD3870

You should only be SLIing or Crossfiring, if you plan on playing games on a resolution higher than 1680 x 1050. If not, a single 9800GTX, HD 3870X2, or 8800GTS 512, will do the trick.

It also depends on which motherboard you're going with, because there are no motherboards that support both Crossfire or SLI (with the exception of the $600+ Skulltrail).

You should only be SLIing or Crossfiring, if you plan on playing games on a resolution higher than 1680 x 1050. If not, a single 9800GTX, HD 3870X2, or 8800GTS 512, will do the trick.

It also depends on which motherboard you're going with, because there are no motherboards that support both Crossfire or SLI (with the exception of the $600+ Skulltrail).

Yeah I am on a 22"-24" monitor.

I know. I want to know which one im using Crossfire or SLI so i know which motherboard to pick.

You have both a 22 and 24" monitor? And which will you be playing games on?

If you're planning to Xfire or SLI, obviously option 2 is out. Now the option that will give you the most performance, would be the two 9800GTXs. It's also the most expensive.

The 9600GTs have proven to scale very well in SLI.

Think of two 8800GTS 512s as two underclocked 9800GTXs, because that's basically what they are.

Crossifiring two 3870s would be equal or greater than the 9600GTs in SLI.

You have both a 22 and 24" monitor? And which will you be playing games on?

If you're planning to Xfire or SLI, obviously option 2 is out. Now the option that will give you the most performance, would be the two 9800GTXs. It's also the most expensive.

The 9600GTs have proven to scale very well in SLI.

Think of two 8800GTS 512s as two underclocked 9800GTXs, because that's basically what they are.

Crossifiring two 3870s would be equal or greater than the 9600GTs in SLI.

I will be playing on a 22-24 monitor. I'll be playing all the games with good graphics like CoD4, Crysis, maybe WoW, ect..

What is better a Dual GPUs or SLI or are they the same?
if it is is SLI ill go with 780i mobo but not sure with intel mobo

Dual GPUs and SLI could mean the same thing, unless you're talking about the HD 3870X2, which is dual GPUs on one card.

For the Intel motherboards, there so much to choose from, but they're not all that different from each other, in terms of performance. Just the features, is what sets them apart. But some suggestions for Xfire motherboards would be:

DFI DK X38-T2R or LP LT X48-T2R
Gigabyte EX38-DS4
ASUS P5E X38
ABIT IX38 Quad GT
ASUS Maximus Formula

Dual GPUs and SLI could mean the same thing, unless you're talking about the HD 3870X2, which is dual GPUs on one card.

For the Intel motherboards, there so much to choose from, but they're not all that different from each other, in terms of performance. Just the features, is what sets them apart. But some suggestions for Xfire motherboards would be:

DFI DK X38-T2R or LP LT X48-T2R
Gigabyte EX38-DS4
ASUS P5E X38
ABIT IX38 Quad GT
ASUS Maximus Formula

Yeah I am talkiing about the HD3870X2 compared to SLI.
I dont know if I should go with 1 3870X2 or SLI

Although I think SLI would yield better performance, a disadvantage is that SLI, when enabled, dualview for multiple monitors is disabled. You'd only be able to stretch the desktop area across the two monitors, instead of separating them. Unless you get the Matrox Dualhead2Go device, which resolves this issue.

So if you're planning on a multiple monitor setup, you should consider that.

I'll go with the 780i SLI.

What is the difference of DDR 800 and 1066? 1066 better overclocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom