Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
I'll get right down to it, here are some questions I have about my new build:

1) Do I need to wait a certain time for the thermal paste to take effect before I start overclocking my CPU? If so, about how long?

2) What are INF files (from my mobo drivers)? Do I really need them?

3) I installed my audio drivers from my mobo CD and I still have no audio coming out of the mobo sound connections...any suggestions?

1) The thermal paste does need to cure, but you can just start overclocking right away.

2) The INF files are driver files, probably from your mobo cd. It's best to the get the latest driver off the internet for the northbridge, and other controllers.

3)You need to install all the drivers from the website. E.g. you need chipset drivers to get the sound to work.

Hmm looks like you are using more or less the same rig as i am. If you run the cd that came with the mobo it will install the sound drivers, after that you need to go into the little red speaker thing in the system tray and set up your speakers. By default it is set at a 2 speaker set up.

So (since I'll be at this point soon myself) how would one get to the internet to download the latest drivers without loading the drivers on the disk? Should you load the drivers on the disk, then go straight to the net to get the latest drivers? Or can you boot and get to the net without loading any of the drivers from the enclosed disk?

Sorry, don't mean to highjack...

which audio driver do i need to download? this is from the gigabyte website:

Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)
O.S. : Windows 2000,Windows XP,Windows XP 64Bit,Windows Server 2003 32bit,Windows Server 2003 64bit,Windows Vista x86 (32-bit),Windows Vista x64 (64-bit) R1.72 30.36 MB

Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver (Full Multi-language version )
O.S. : Windows 2000,Windows XP,Windows Server 2003 5.10.0.5010 29.87 MB

or both?

So (since I'll be at this point soon myself) how would one get to the internet to download the latest drivers without loading the drivers on the disk? Should you load the drivers on the disk, then go straight to the net to get the latest drivers? Or can you boot and get to the net without loading any of the drivers from the enclosed disk?

Sorry, don't mean to highjack...

i installed the ethernet drivers from the CD that came with the mobo, or if you REALLY want the latest drivers download them onto a thumb drive from another comp, then install them.

k thanks, ill let ya know how it goes, also, do i NEED the INF files? or....what exactly do they do? will they make the system run smoother?

The p35-ds3r isnt that old, i cant imagine the drivers on the cd are more than 1 update out. Just run everything from the cd first. I havent had any issues with the drivers on the disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom