questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcan222

In Runtime
Hey everyone I got a few questions.

Alright I am getting ready to upgrade my PC mostly just the video card maby a little ram or somthing but mostly the video card, as most everything else is doing good.

I am thinking about getting the EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card from newegg, first off any comments on the card????

Alright, I belive I read somewhere that it takes atleast a 400W power supply to run it, I have a 550W would i be ok or should i look into a new power supply, i dont plan to run it in SLI so would my psu be ok?

Another good question, I know this card is big, but how can I tell if its going to fit into my case? any suggestions, mesurements anything? I really want to make sure its going to fit before i dish out the money for it.

thanks in advance you guys have never let me down before!!!

well, give us details about ur current rig, and we can help u out.
i think the 550 watt psu will handle it without any problem.
so just let me know what components u have right now and we'll take it from there

Well from experience, i'm using a 8800gts 640mb with a 350w psu with 18amps on ONE 12v rail. Don't ask me how i'm making this work but hey it works. I'm running the card with an overclocked c2d e6300 @ 3.2 ghz, 1 optical drive, 2 hard drives, a fan controller, and 4 case fans, oh yeah and 2 cold cathodes. I'm definitely not recommending that you get a 300w psu, but i'm just proving that it is possible.

A 550W PSU can handle an 8800GTS fine. But like siddanth3, said. You should tell us the specs of your rig. And also the brand of the PSU.

The 8800GTS should have no problem fitting in most mid-towers. It's about 9 inches long, and it's not as big as the 10.6 in. GTX.

the gts should pretty much fit in any case. i think the gts is bout level with end or ur mb so should be fine. also ur 550w should be fine assuming u have a half decent branded one

Sorry Guys, I just forgot to put my specs in lol. here they are

ASUS M2N32-sli DLX WIFI AM2 motherboard

EVGA 7600GT 256-p2-n554-AX videocard

^^^^Antec 550watt power supply^^^^

AMD X2 3800 cpu

2 gigs corsair RAM

thats the stuff I have now, so hows antec for a brand on the PSU and do you think everything else will be ok? the CPU RAM ect.....

thanks in advance

oh and I am also concidering getting a fan as i hear this card runs very hot, any suggestions?

Yep...That power supply will do fine. I don't think it runs that hot. But if you're looking for a case fan, then look for one, with low db and high cfm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom