Question for Upgrading XPS 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
The card will have no problem working with the board but as we stated. You NEED to find another PSU if you want to run that card. A 400w PSU is too low to trust with a system of that power I think.

I highly suggest even if you have to, making some modifications to fit a 500w PSU in there or so to run it.

What are somethings that I could do to make this card work in my system?

Sorry for being an idiot...after being a computer nerd I lost interest while in college and now I'm paying for it as the technology has passed me by.

I want to upgrade this system since I have been very happy with it. I am big into video editing and then like to game on the side. I planned on getting this card in this weekend, playing some games and then next weekend jacking up my ram up to 3 next weekend.

So if there is a way that you guys can help me out, I'll be forever grateful.

You just need a better PSU is all...a good 500w or better that will actually fit in your system as Dell's slots for PSU's are usually odd. Thats really all there is too it...and 2Gb would help with games but 3 is preferred for video editing and stuff.

Again, thank you for showing patients.

So, is it as simple of measuring my current psu and seeing where the screwholes are located and going out and finding one that will match it?

Yes you could do that or you could maybe call dell and ask them what version of PSU it is. The standard is ATX 2.0 I believe but maybe if you called them up they would tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom