A Question of P45's

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
I've had a look through Irish sites for a p45 motherboard as I no longer need to buy the Q6600 in the USA (Price has dropped by €50 at last to €150). I had my sites set on the the Biostar TPower I45 which is not available in Ireland. So after having a glance around google and the forums I'm left with the following choices in my price range

-Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R (My personal favorite as I like my P35 version :))
-Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4 (Custom PC magazine says "Poor gaming performance especially when overclocked" but many sites recommend highly?, BIOS)
-Asus P5Q DELUXE
-MSI P45 Platinum

Also how good is the Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme vs. the Tuniq Tower (Unavailable in Ireland)

I will be buying from Dabs Ireland - dabs.ie- PC Hardware, Components, Software, Networking, Printers but can also use Komplett.ie

Well I have the P5Q deluxe and it's an awesome board....although the P5Q-E will clock virtually the same and is a little cheaper.

And good choice on the heatsink...

On the P5Q-Deluxe, what's it like to overclock (i.e. Ease of use as well as options) I found my DS3R very easy to overclock with and got good results (3.2GHz)

Could anyone say if PC2-9200 is worth a small extra over PC2-6400 for overclocking considering the higher latency (Dabs Ireland - OCZ Technology 2x1GB 240DIMM PC2-9200 Reaper (OCZ2RPR11502GK))

Also would OCZ Reapers compare well with Crucial Ballistix Tracers as I can't get hold of 4gb Tracer kits on Dabs (Dabs Ireland - OCZ Technology 2X2GBKIT REAPER 240PIN PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHZ (OCZ2RPR800C44GK))

The OCZ Vendetta 2 is good then I guess

the p5q is pretty easy to overclock and has tons of options. There's a lot of good info out there regarding these boards as well.

And you want 4gb ram for sure, go with the Reapers...I'd pickt hem over the Ballistix tracers as the 2x2gb ballistix are not very amazing.

I will probably get that board then or the DS3R, will search google for reviews.
I heard the Tracers were excellent as they used micron chips and were single or dual sided, whichever's better. But I'm not sure about the 2x2GB versions, and they're not available so I guess its the Reapers I'll be getting.

Also on my upgrade list is the Q6600 with the Vendetta 2 Cooler and a Coolermaster CM690 or Raidmax Sirius case. (Also looking at the Gigabyte iSolo case)

im from ireland west cork im getting a nForce® 790i Ultra dey only have it used on dabs im buying off a english site

im from ireland west cork im getting a nForce® 790i Ultra dey only have it used on dabs im buying off a english site

How are you getting it sent over? Did you try komplett, peats, computerbits.ie etc.
Do you own an Nvidia card already, if not though why a 790i board. They're not good overclockers and ATi currently have the best graphics cards in the form of the 4850 and 4870 (excluding the oh so expensive GTX280 of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom