Question about video card, step up program!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step-up is good....if you have a card to hold you over for 3-4 weeks while you are on the waiting list. I was going to step-up my 7900GS before.....funny today is the 3rd month lol. Although I've decided to just sell my card later and get an 8900GS or an 8800GTS 320 for a good report card mwahaha.

true enough but the point is...if you have a card to hold you over...
and a waiting list...? when i checked the step up program right before i was out of time to use it (i was looking at getting a 7950 or 7950gx2), i was told the wait could be as long as EIGHT TO TEN WEEKS. yikes! and that would leave me w/o a card, no bueno. although, in hindsight...i am glad i didnt do it cos now i can justify the purchase of an 8800 or r600...
but really dude i cannot imagine a card doing better than this lil 7900gs of mine, cos it does everything well.

true enough but the point is...if you have a card to hold you over...
and a waiting list...? when i checked the step up program right before i was out of time to use it (i was looking at getting a 7950 or 7950gx2), i was told the wait could be as long as EIGHT TO TEN WEEKS. yikes! and that would leave me w/o a card, no bueno. although, in hindsight...i am glad i didnt do it cos now i can justify the purchase of an 8800 or r600...
but really dude i cannot imagine a card doing better than this lil 7900gs of mine, cos it does everything well.

hm, well i dont really want to wait 8-10 weeks. maybe I will just get SLI and then wait to see what summer cards have to offer, before upgrading.

And yes, step up is only available though EVGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom