Question about this Video card: EVGA e-GeForce 6200 Graphics Card (256A8N341DX)

Rate my pc

• Immense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • good

• average

• Utter crap

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepg

In Runtime
This is what the retailer has on their web site. This card is only $40 after rebates. What are your opinions on this? Anyone ever use a card from this manufacturer?

EVGA e-GeForce 6200 Graphics Card (256A8N341DX)

High-performance gaming: The video card features a 350MHz GPU and four pixel pipelines. The 256MB of 64-bit DDR memory delivers a 400MHz effective clock speed and 6.4GB/second memory bandwidth. Plug this card into an AGP slot and youÂ’ll be ready for some serious gaming fun.

Application support: This card ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for games that utilize OpenGL® ICD and DirectX® 9.0.

CineFX™ 3.0 engine: This engine streamlines the creation of complex effects. Developers can create new depth, softer shadows, translucent skin and photorealistic lighting. With this card, you’ll be ready for the next generation of gaming realism.

Intellisample 3.0™: This technology uses anti-aliasing measures to smooth rough edges at incredibly fast rates. In addition, Intellisample 3.0 utilizes 64-bit texture filtering and blending, enabling photorealistic lighting and shadow effects. Your games will look amazing.

UltraShadow™ II: This feature allows developers to specify where a shadow is visible and where it is not. This frees developers to concentrate resources on visible shadows. As a result, your games will be faster and more beautiful.

Digital Vibrance Control 3.0: With this simple control panel, you can manage the color settings of your display. YouÂ’ll enjoy richer colors and brighter, cleaner imaging.

Multi-display options: Nvidia® nView™ technology lets you view amazing graphics on more than one display.

Connections: This card features a DVI-I connection for analog/digital display plus and an integrated TV encoder with an S-Video connection.

I'd say the 7300GS is a better alternative, but the X1300PRO kills both solutions.

If your gaming, none of these will work well.

my cousin has this card and it plays HL2 at 10x7 med @ like 35-45 FPS. I'd say its not worth the money.

Brtnboarder495 said:
I'd say the 7300GS is a better alternative, but the X1300PRO kills both solutions.

If your gaming, none of these will work well.
The X1300Pro is also $100, however benchmarks have shown that even the X1300LE (a step under the standard X1300) beats the 7300GS, so if you can find an X1300LE or X1300 in AGP that would be best. If not, the 7300gs or 6200.

It is for a multimedia PC. Pretty much just want to run movies (divx/avi/mpg/) and dvd's to a Big screen HDTV. Is this card ok for that?

Oh yeah should be fine then :p Make sure its got the connection out box though, most 6 series cards do though.

I have a 256MB 6200. for the money, it is a good card.
no it won't run HL2 at max settings. but it does run HL2 at medium settings. and come on, it's $40, not $400!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom