A question about raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, RAID0 is striping. It will split the data across the disks to improve performance.

RAID1 = Mirroring (2 disks with same content. If one fails, the other keeps working and you can replace the broken drive.)

Spanning = Using two disks to act as one disk. 2x 300GB would result in a 600GB disk in Windows.

Thanks so much. I got Raid 0 installed!
I enabled Boot>On.
And now I get a disk error, so I am assuming that means I need to install windows now.

Thanks again!
I hopefully WONT be back on this thread.. If I don't that means.
a) I died
b) My computer fried
c) I forgot to come back
d) I got it to work

Thanks so much. I got Raid 0 installed!
I enabled Boot>On.
And now I get a disk error, so I am assuming that means I need to install windows now.

Thanks again!
I hopefully WONT be back on this thread.. If I don't that means.
a) I died
b) My computer fried
c) I forgot to come back
d) I got it to work

lol

It should work. Don't forget the floppy.
The floppy may have multiple drivers on it. If you are not sure which to use, just take anything that says RAID. If it doesn't work properly, try another one next time. Or RTFM to check which chipsets the motherboard uses.

sweet, windows is installing now.

WOOHOO

man.. now my next goal is to overclock...
god, i hate making threads.. i feel so dumb and annoying

xD

aw WHAT!
My drive that I swear I configured to be Raid 0 is now JBOD. (according to everest home)
but according to my nvidia media center, it says its spanning. And It also states that I have an extra harddrive.

I'm slightly confused.

You need a floppy for most SATA controllers. Regardless of the way you use it (RAID or non-RAID). Some SATA controllers may work with drivers that are included in XP SP2. Vista probably supports more of them by default.

My motherboard, Asus P5W DH Deluxe, has an EZ-RAID feature. Two SATA ports which are RAID1 by default, and can be configured to RAID0 by changing a jumper on the motherboard. I believe XP SP2 detects these disk(s) without the need for a floppy, but I am not very sure. Maybe I'll see tonight.

Just checked, it doesn't. Loaded SP2 without any slipstreamed drivers and without floppy. "no disks detected". I have 6 disks in my computer, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom