Question about the Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand why the G0 are still so hyped.

I mean sure they run a bit cooler, but it's already been shown they can only OC a tiny bit better then the B3.

Its not their performance that matters its the fact that a g0 costs the same as a b3 so it makes no sense to get a b3 and you should strive for a g0.

Wow, I never heard of ClubIT but that site looks good and they have the cheapest Q6600 around with guarantee Go stepping CPU. I'm building a gaming PC for a friend of mine and he want the best for his money.

I wonder how come I never heard of that site before? I've always been a Newegg shopper, but that site looks even better than Newegg!!!

It looks like ClubIT have just about the same brands and products as Newegg. Site looks almost identical except for the color scheme. Look at the comparison for the same product:

ClubIT - Product Sub Category

VS

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

ClubIT FTW in regards to shipping though. In fact, ClubIT has some really really nice deals compared to Newegg.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product:
CORSAIR Dominator 2GB

ClubIT Product - CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-1066 CL 5-5-5-15 SLI, EPP Ready Dual Channel Kit Retail TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

VS

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

ClubIT totally smokes Newegg there by having cheaper price, PLUS free shipping with FedEx!!!!!!!

The g0 also has a thermal limit of 71 where as the b3 has a thermal limit of 61, so not only do they run cooler, but they can overclock and take more heat. Ok i'll put it to you this way as to "why they are so hyped". Assume you were going to a dealership to buy a car. You look at 2 identical cars. Car 1 has 200hp and gets 30mpg and costs 20000. Car 2 has 210hp and gets 35mpg and costs 20000 dollars. Which one would you buy?

No its more like Car 1 has 200hp and gets 35mpg while car 2 has 210hp and gets only 30mps. Both area the same cost.....

I think....... doesnt G0 stepping takes more energy/wattage over the b3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom