Question About Purchasing LCD Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero88

Baseband Member
I am looking to purchase a LCD monitor. I read reviews about the dead pixel problem, and I really do not want to have that problem, especially since I was thinking of picking one up off Newegg. Are dead pixels really that big of a problem, and will their extra warranty cover it?

I've had two dead pixels in my life.

I've owned two LCD monitors.

One on the way, I'll let you know.

When I bought my PSP about a year or so ago I had 1 dead pixel, but honestly I am very picky when it comes to anything visual so it annoyed the crap out of me to no end...so I took it back and got an exchange with no dead pixels! :) They are very rare though...but about 95% of all dead pixels for most users don't bother the user at all and "stuck" pixels can be fixed so...don't worry and shoot for that LCD!

::-Chase-::

My first lcd was a dell which had like a line of dead pixels. My second one way a hyundai image quest from new egg and that had a stuck blue pixel which only showed up on a dark background. I must say that it is the first thing I see when I turn on my monitor and dead pixels are still very common. I hear samsung seems to have the lowest possiblity of dead pixels. And there is a good 20 inch one with a rebate on newegg. Check it out you might like it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001226

What about that Gateway 19" Widescreen? We sell it at Best Buy and we get it pretty cheap, like 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom