Question about my videocard dilemma... Evga step up program..
Ok so I finally got my rig hooked up, oced my proc to 3.1ghz, and its running everything pretty smoothly.. the only thing is that I have a **** videocard. (8400gs) I chose this card to maintain dx10,8xxx series,and nvidia to avoid driver errors, and etc.
Plus I can use the evga step up program.
Now My step up program ends this February and my question is:
Should I wait until feb to change my card out? I mean.. it's only a 40$ step up. What I'm really concerned with is that as soon as I get a new card, prices will drop considerably.. but thats something I have yet to see with the old G80s.
So: should I wait for a price drop to get the 8800gt, or should I keep this crappy card til feb?
I REALLY want to play my games on high settings.. but i just cant seem to do it with this card. (no suprise, really.)
Also! I hear that the 8800gt is going to be priced <200$ soon, any word on that?