Question about this monitor. Acer G24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
wow thats alot of red. there are GPUs now a days that has HDMI outputs, and plus lets say you want to hook up a ps3 or xbox next to your computer, you have that option to play on your screen.

Not my kinda colour and you need to look at the specs again it accepts dvi->dvi
Connectivity
Connectors D-Sub, DVI, HDMI

D-sub = VGA
DVI = DVI :eek:
HDMI = DVI + audio

I don't know of any mainstream gpu that has a hdmi port most that are advertised as having one have dvi ports + a small audio input/chipset and you need to use the corresponding nvidia/ati adapter like this KustomPCs.co.uk - Premier HDMI Female to DVI Male Adapter to get both a video and audio signal down a hdmi line. If you are connecting a console to the monitor aswell then remember that your screen won't do anything with the audio signal so you will need to connect a seperate audio cable to your speakers.

So you mean any tv/monitor that has a hdmi port is just DVI + audio??? I never knew that.

As for the color are you talking about the frame around it? I didnt like it either but my brother paints custom car jobs so a little airbrushing will fix that! :)

So you mean any tv/monitor that has a hdmi port is just DVI + audio??? I never knew that.

As for the color are you talking about the frame around it? I didnt like it either but my brother paints custom car jobs so a little airbrushing will fix that! :)

HDMI is a digital signal combining audio and video, dvi is a cable that is digital but only sends the visual information, digital audio is traditionally sent via a s/pdif cable or optical. Its like comparing RCA, Component, VGA, Scart they all transfer analogue signals but they are different methods of doing so with different connectors.

Any monitor/tv with a HDMI port will accept a DVI->HDMI cable but as dvi is visual and not audio you will have no sound and will need to attach it manually. Modern Nvidia Gpus can now accept audio signals to encode with there video but you need to use there adapter. Ati has gone down a different route by placing a small soundcard chipset on the gpu board so that it has dual functions. The penn-ultimate was the Ati all in wonder series which had a gpu/soundcard and tv card all on one die but those stopped 3 years ago. Yes I was refferring to the frame it looks fairly brash and disgusting imo I have this monitor and its beautiful in aluminium casing :)

3157.jpg

The contrast ratio on that monitor I linked is just insane! I have a friend with a lcd tv w/ that ratio and the picture is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom