Question about Hybrid CrossFireX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrick

Baseband Member
Hey all, I was wondering something, and hoping you could help me out.

I'm looking at building a new computer soon, and I found a really nice motherboard that has ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, which says it supports Hybrid CrossFireX. I did some reading on that, and found out it's like putting a video card and your integrated graphics int CrossFire. Cool!

But then I did some more searching, and couldn't find a single video card that said it supported Hybrid CrossFireX. I was wondering, does the mobo take care of all that, and almost any video card (or rather, this one) works with it?

3450 along with 3200 in hybrid crossfire will probably get the same results as a single 3650?

While not all games support crossfire, let alone hybrid crossfire, and for the games that do; even in those games not all of them scale very well in crossfire.

Getting a dedicated Graphics card would be the better alternative.

Because if your only willing to drop $40~ on a video card. Chances are that the 3200 will handle your needs already. But if you want performance, expect to spend some where between $100~$200.

3450 along with 3200 in hybrid crossfire will probably get the same results as a single 3650?

While not all games support crossfire, let alone hybrid crossfire, and for the games that do; even in those games not all of them scale very well in crossfire.

Getting a dedicated Graphics card would be the better alternative.

Because if your only willing to drop $40~ on a video card. Chances are that the 3200 will handle your needs already. But if you want performance, expect to spend some where between $100~$200.

Yeah, I'm not much of a PC Gamer, but I do want to be able to run two 1680x1050 monitors at once with Aero running smoothly, maybe some light gaming (think Chuzzle, etc. :p). Would the integrated HD 3200 do something like that fine? I assume I'll be needing a VGA -> DVI adapter, since there's only one DVI port, but that would work?

EDIT: Even this card would be in my budget, but I'm not so sure now that I need a dedicated one.

Er, that kind of card isn't in my budget, and I don't need that much power. Would the Radeon HD 3200 that is in the mobo I linked to earlier, take care of 2 monitors running at 1680x1050?

Umm, the HD3200 is onboard and has one DVI slot?

That 3650 you listed would handle it.

Any card can handle two monitors. So long as your not gaming.

Well I m guessing the DVI is there for people with DVI monitors and the VGA is there for people with VGA monitors.

So it would be a much wiser to go with the 3650 instead.

For one the 3650 had 512MB GDDR2. Since increasing the resolution eats through more vram. Which is why in most benchmarks, resolution is included as well. But, since you'll be using it for every day computer use.

It won't matter whether the card is GDDR2, GDDR3, or even GGDR4.

With dedicated video cards you get dual DVI slots. So they're meant for dual monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom