Question about heatsinks (Tuniq)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
I am buying this heatsink Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail but it only has 3 pin power connectors. My motherboard Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail has 8 pin power connector. it says on this picture Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! that it has "8-pin CPU Power Connector" and I assume thats where you plug in the CPU heatsink/fan right?

Will the Tuniq heatsink which has 3-pin connector work with this motherboard with 8pin?

thats a different power connector. The 8 pin is how the motherboard gets power directly from the psu. The 3 pin connector is the cpu fan connector and the motherboard has it

Oh ok, lol Im soo confused with this stuff. I guess Ill jst read all the manuals when all the parts come in. Im not even sure if my build is complete yet. I have to buy the Raptor before building it and I think I need some more extra cables. I might as well have CompUSA's Tech Department build this thing so I dont mess it up. Taking advantage of the free labor.

Should I have them do it since its free and just watch them to get an idea on how to build it? Or build it myself?

lmao, the fan connecter is there under the pci-e 1x slot

Oh i see it. Its that little tiny thing. Hehe :D

On another subject, I've read plenty of post in this forum and about graphics setting and fps. But when they start talking about AF and AA 8 and some other random letters, I have no idea what they mean. Ye, you can probably tell Im not a gamer which is true, not a savage gamer that is. I have a laptop and my graphics settings are always in low settings since it only has a shared graphics card.

But ye, what do that AA and AF and those numbers mean? Do you set those on the games or the settings on your computer or something?

AA is Anti-Aliasing
Anti-aliasing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AF is Anisotropic Filtering
Anisotropic filtering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are more so special graphic options to make everything look cleaner and smoother and such. The normal amounts of AA are 2x, and 4x.

While AF is usually 4x,8x,16x

The amount used can greatly cripple your FPS but increase the eyecandy. On larger monitors AA is not that needed becuase the jagged lines are taken away at such a high resolution.

So since I have a 22 inch monitor I dont really need AA? How about AF? Or should I not even bother about any of those things and just play at high settings on the game settings?

Well, you've got an 8800GTS 640mb. That should be able to handle most games, with a 22", at max settings.

Yea you really do not "need" much AA however AF is always nice to have and it doesn't kill the performance like AA does.

I would put 2x AA on games at the very most with a monitor that big and your 8800GTS 640 will take care of everything for you.

Yea you really do not "need" much AA however AF is always nice to have and it doesn't kill the performance like AA does.

I would put 2x AA on games at the very most with a monitor that big and your 8800GTS 640 will take care of everything for you.

Problem is, I dont know how to turn those on :(.

How do you turn them on? On game settings? or is there a place to turn them on on the computer settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom