Question About GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
We have recently bought a 46" Sony Bravia TV.

I asked my son if he would like an X-Box for Christmas to hook up to the tv, he said he would rather have my 9800 GTX video card.

So i am looking at getting this video card.
Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADBF GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Can you guys tell me if I would get close to the performance of a GTX 280 with this card?

Also...would this card power newer games like Farcry 2 and Crysis Warhead on a 24" monitor at 1900x 1200 resolution, or what ever resolution a 24" monitor is??

Any input would be much appreciated.

Is this card worth the price in your opinion?

Seems like a decent price to me....plus free shipping and FarCry 2.

Well....I just pulled the trigger on the XFX GTX 260 Black Edition :D

$299 with free shipping and a copy of FarCry 2

Now my son and I both can't wait for Christmas :)

nice dude. your son will love the xfx 9800gtx (like i do) and you will love the gtx 260 core 216. and yes it'll be able to get close to gtx 280 speeds when oc'ed. and it will max out any game. even crysis (depending on cpu)

i have had this crappy pentium d for about 3 years now. almost ever since it came out, almost. but i'm waiting till xmas to get a new system. so waiting isint bad.

i have had this crappy pentium d for about 3 years now. almost ever since it came out, almost. but i'm waiting till xmas to get a new system. so waiting isint bad.

You say that now but once you have had your hands on the new stuff and can see what it can do, you will be saying why did I wait so **** long for this lol.

well this POS pentium d gets me a solid 30fps in crysis on high at 1680x1050. so i'm more that surprised that it'll do that much. and i have overclocked it to 3.77ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom