Question about graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosralboo

Baseband Member
Alright I bought an Ati Radeon 9550 for 60 bucks a while ago(which I soon figured out was a mistake), after a while I flashed it to a powercolor 9600 pro.I just got quake 4, so far i am very impressed with it, I havn't tried running it at anything over what the "suggested" settings were for my system, but still it looks very nice(Settings: 640x480, lowest quality textures etc). Now I have heard that Ati cards do not mix very well with the Doom 3 engine. What should I do? I could get a whole new graphics card, and i'd be open for suggestions, or I could just optimize the heck out of what I have, I mean there is quite a bit of room for oc'ing(a good 30 mhz core, 20mhz ram safely) , but i doubt it will help THAT much. At the moment I am running at 300mhz core, 206mhz ramdacs.

My specs are down below, they might help a bit.

6800GS, about $200, 7800GT, about $300. If you can afford it go with the 7800GT because it's a huge improvement over the 6800GS.

Ok he has the agp slot becase of teh 9550, so im guessing he cant get teh 7800GT, the eVGA 6800GS is being sold on the evga website right now for agp.

Much much better than what he has now, in fact much better than what most people have now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom