Question about the AC7P's thermal pad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I was reading the instructions on AS5's site to apply thermal compound (I know that the ACF7 already has MX-1/a thermal pad pre-applied), and it mentioned something about removing the thermal pad because it's wax? Is this necessary, or should I not worry about it? I'm going to be getting my CPU (e6750) this week, so I'm going to be building by the end of this week, or beginning of next week. I also ordered some AS5 in case I need it in the future.

Also...another question...which way do I point the AC7? Do I point it so the fan is facing the front of the case, or so the fan is facing the back of the case? I guess I'm not sure if it blows air or sucks air, since I haven't had/used one yet.

While I'm making a topic..I'll go ahead and ask this questio nas well: A friend and I were wondering if a PC didn't have a CPU installed...would it even be able to boot to BIOS? I imagine not, but I wasn't 100% sure on this.

Thanks in advance for the help, I appreciate it =).

no u cannot boot to bios with no cpu. as for ur other question, leave the mx-1 pad as its better than as5 as alot of people will tell u.

Hey, I have an AP7 as well.

I left the MX1 pad, and I noticed a 5 degree temperature lowering when I first turned it on.

I have my fan facing the back of the case!

i would have the fan facing the back on the seeing that it is an exhaust fan blow outwards. with the as5 sick with the mx-1 pad.

Ok, thanks for the help guys. Wasn't sure on the fan part, because I wasn't sure if it was an exhaust fan, or a fan to suck air passed the HS.

hmm? You want the fan facing the front.

like so
100_0422.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom