Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

El loco

In Runtime
So I got about $1,200 to spend(can go a bit over). I'm not sure if I should get a decent gaming pc or a notebook. I'm going to college soon, so I don't know what to do, cos I will probably need a notebook more than gaming desktop.
Could I get a decent notebook that I can use for light playing for that money? I don't need to play games at highest setting, just be able to play them smoothly. Games I usually play/will play are Spore(can't wait for it to be released), EUIII,mainly strategy games, and maybe from time to time something like battlefield.
so could you comp tech gods give me some advise and maybe point out to some decent notebooks.

Newegg.com - ASUS A8 Series A8JP-4S029M NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7200(2.00GHz) 14" Wide XGA+ 1GB DDR2 667 120GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 - Retail

I love Asus Laptops really becuase they just kick serious ***. The screen is rather small but with a smaller screen and the most powerful ATI model card (X1700) This thing should be able to play newer games at very good FPS. If you can stand having only a 14 inch screen (which is plenty big enough for a laptop I think) then I would get this.

The battery life of powerful gaming laptops I would like no to note are very short. 2-2.5 hours on average. depending on your schedule in college you may have to sit by outlets in class or something. Still for the price you simply cannot beat how good this will play games and handle any kind of college program.

Wow that looks pretty good.
Well if no one else has any other suggestion I think I will get this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom