quad6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called business. I would do the same thing, if I was Microsoft. If people are willing to buy the product....why not?

Vista is not that crappy. But it has sold millions already. Business is to make money. Look at Dell. Inferior desktops, but millions of people are still buying them.

Vista is not that crappy. But it has sold millions already. Business is to make money. Look at Dell. Inferior desktops, but millions of people are still buying them.

Vista is crappy. Surely all the compatability problems, performance hits, slow support, have made system builders and other "intelligent" individuals and businesses not go for Vista. Its not being adopted very well at all, I wouldn't exactly say it was the "success" they were hoping for.

Since when does Dell have inferior desktops? I was under the impression that in comparison to all the big time companies, Dell had the better line of products ( which isn't saying very much... )

I should of meant inferior desktops as inferior, in terms of price/performance, compared to custom built.

You might want to consider going with 64 bit to get the speed and also run windows XP to use any other programs that are not compatible. As to the RAM issue, a simple way of looking at it is that Vista 32 bit can't see 4 GB of RAM, only a little over 3GB. If you want to use alot of RAM, you will need 64 bit to utilize it. Good luck.

Its not that crappy, i mean, i used it for aobut a month testing it for a site (got it free on a diff hd so i could dual boot) and it wasent as good but it was almost bearable.

You might want to consider going with 64 bit to get the speed and also run windows XP to use any other programs that are not compatible. As to the RAM issue, a simple way of looking at it is that Vista 32 bit can't see 4 GB of RAM, only a little over 3GB. If you want to use alot of RAM, you will need 64 bit to utilize it. Good luck.

doesn't that sound like an incredable hassle? Get 64 bit vista and run windows xp at the same time ( assuming u buy both ), you guys come up with the most ridiculously infeasible ideas Ive ever heard of

pointless argument.

When windows 3.1 came out, people though dos was better
When windows 98 came out people though Windows 3.1 was better
When windows 2000 came out, thought 98 was better
When XP came out, people though 2000 was better
Now Vista comes out, you figure it out.

Just cause the games, software and hardware runs poorly on Vista doesn't mean its a bad os, its just means the OS is moving faster than the people can make compatiable software. 32-bit and 64-bit is same thing. 32-bit is compatiable with almost everything beacause its been here since windows 2000. 64-bit is just new and gonna take time to get used to. You could buy Vista 32-bit for $150 now and then a few years later buy the 64-bit version and burn another $150. Everything is like that in the computer world, dual-core was horrible, espically DDR2-RAM now look what they are now.

Of course this is how they make money, all these diffferent versions and crap. Call it a fiasco, its buisness. And apartly, you have to fall for it cuz without it, you got no operating system.

pointless argument.

When windows 3.1 came out, people though dos was better
When windows 98 came out people though Windows 3.1 was better
When windows 2000 came out, thought 98 was better
When XP came out, people though 2000 was better
Now Vista comes out, you figure it out.

Just cause the games, software and hardware runs poorly on Vista doesn't mean its a bad os, its just means the OS is moving faster than the people can make compatiable software. 32-bit and 64-bit is same thing. 32-bit is compatiable with almost everything beacause its been here since windows 2000. 64-bit is just new and gonna take time to get used to. You could buy Vista 32-bit for $150 now and then a few years later buy the 64-bit version and burn another $150. Everything is like that in the computer world, dual-core was horrible, espically DDR2-RAM now look what they are now.

Of course this is how they make money, all these diffferent versions and crap. Call it a fiasco, its buisness. And apartly, you have to fall for it cuz without it, you got no operating system.

yep... eventually they'll fix it... i hope... so it doesn't cut benchmark scores and crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom