Quad-Fire or SLi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bottom line is you could wait your whole life until you make a decision. for example, you could build a rig now and get 3870's and a phenom, or you could wait until the G92 revision comes out and pop that on a later version of the phenom, or you could wait for a peryn and a 9 series gfx card. or you could wait until the phenom FX comes out and get some r800 series cards...

the point is you can wait forever to get the best of the best. my point being that it gets a little annoying when people are constantly saying wait to get your rig cause this this and this are coming out a month or two from now.

i'm personally going w/ a 3850 and a 3870 if i can afford it, and then when i get the money and the better phenom's are out im gonna upgrade to an am2+ board and get some more cards.
I wouldn't recommend crossfiring a 3850 with a 3870; the 3850 will slow down the 3870
If you're going to go crossfire, stick with one type of card. Even though crossfire works with two different cards.

but you have to start somewhere and it doesn't make sense to be waiting for the "right" time to buy because the hardware is always going to get better.

so why not make your system future proof and get an am2+ board and a low end cpu (am2+ is backwards compatible with am2 correct?) and crossfire some 3970's and when the r800 comes out, if you can again add those into the mix like you can with the 3850's and the 3870's then do that. and just upgrade as you go along with out spending ludacris amounts of money building a new rig every couple of months...cough nosboost cough...
I can just use my 6000+ in an AM2+ board until the B3 Phenom's come out. And I can even use an AM3 CPU in an AM2+ board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom