Quad or Dual Cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
You guys think Quad core's are really gonna be that good?

I mean most games right now dont even support Dual Cores, and I've also heard that it sometimes slow down games with Duals.

When Vista and DX10 come out then most games will support Dual...even then thats when Quad Cores are suppose to be released.

So do you guys think its worth it to wait and upgrade to Quads or upgrade to Duals now?

If you wait by the time quads come out then dual core procs should come down in price a bit Im guessing.

NosBoost300 said:
i don't think any home pc user can possibly do anything that would need 4 cores..

Not right now, but you don't know what the future will bring.

its awsome for video editing, check out toms hardware video editing benchmarks for it, impressive

Well, if you take the theory to the point with dual/quad cores, here's how it works:

Two CPUs the same speed colllided in one is faster than the single core.

Now, take four exact same CPUs, slap 'em together and you should have four doing the job. 4 gets job done faster than 2...so quad core is faster ;)

Might be faster but I know games, dx10, vista, wont even be using 4 whole cpu's. Especially games, but other programs for work ect. might support Quad imo.

Jayvon said:
Might be faster but I know games, dx10, vista, wont even be using 4 whole cpu's. Especially games, but other programs for work ect. might support Quad imo.
Well, any programs will take whatver resources they have. It will be a great multitasker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom