Quad Core Q6600 so cheap?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey,
Just wondering why the Q6600's have come down in price so much? I remember when they were like $650AUD and now i can pick one up for $330AUD... Is there something new coming out soon? I mean its still not bad, 2.4ghz with 2x4mb caches...

1333 FSB Chips now and Penryn on the Horizen, Intel Promised us a price cut and here it is
Affordable Quad Core for all! :)

Mainly because of AMD's K10. (Agena, Kuma, Barcelona)
That's what I'm waiting for before I upgrade.

AMD Phenom X4's (that's what AMD will call their new quad core desktop chips) at 2.2GHZ should compete with 3GHZ K8's, core for core.

arn't the new amd cores going to be an actual 4 core rather then the intel quad core structure? and yea, its 280 now, and its sick.

I'm bugged at the fact that software companies are so sluggish in adapting software to utilize all four cores.

technology prices will always go down. Newer technologies are being processed everyday and there will be something better than quad processors just a few months ~ years from now.

I think I will skip the quads and wait till the new ones like 8 cores will come out at cheap prices :D

I'm bugged at the fact that software companies are so sluggish in adapting software to utilize all four cores.

I agree, but in a way, I wish that the operating system would allocate the cores to certain jobs even within a single program. This would of course take some doing and some standardization of program code, but well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom