Quad Core & Q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should work fine, although if you get a board with an older BIOS you may need a BIOS flash before it will accept the CPU.

That item has also been deactivated on Newegg, so hope you don't plan on ordering from there lol.

Ha, Ya I know I done have that board. :) Just someone on the eVGA forums told me it wouldn't work? I was kinda like.. What the ****?

Right now its running a E6700.

I wanted to make shure, I could have swore I wasn't going crazy but did wanna ask since it comes in tomorrow.

This is what I just got told.

At the time these boards were released they thought they would handle the 65nm Quads. Well, when Intel released the Quads then all **** broke loose because changes by Intel caused the boards to not support the new 65nm Quads. That's why NVIDIA had to go and reqork the board to allow support for the Quads. This same problem reared it's head again on the release of the 45nm Quads. The A1 then ended up not meeting voltage and noise requirements so now that A1 which support 65nm Quads do not support 45nm Quads. The AR board does not support either.

So, what is there any truth to that? I don't see a point in me opening a new cpu to just find it not work?

Its true... it has little to no support for 45nm's but q6600 is a 65nm and the old 3dmark06 top scores had 680i's with a dual-GPU config with a q6600

Yea I know that, But the Q6600 I ordered says its 65 NM. But the dude on eVGA said the AR model didn't support Quads AT ALL... WTF? Why would it say it does then?

What should I do, Accept the package tomorrow and try and see if it works then if not pay to ship it back and a 27$ restocking fee?

It will work... don't worry...

If you don't believe me ask: mgcook, Nosboost300, veedubfreak or any of them other people

I would have thought it would work. Why the **** would that guy tell me not? UGH! Had me thinking how much I know about computers lmao.

Thanks for your help.

Well, I got it today, And works fine... However... I can't seem to get this **** thing to oc worth a ****.

I can't get it stable past 2.8 at 1236 FSB... I've had the voltage raised all the way up to 1.49 and even tried lowering it from x9 to x8, I just can't get it past 2.8 WTF? Is there something I'm missing or should be trying different?

It's a G0, It should be able to hit at least 3.0 what the ****?

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom